LANGUAGE AND LINGUISTICS:
CREOLE LANGUAGE :DATABASES:
Creole-English Database to Help Haiti
United States.The Library of Congress.Country Studies.
A Country Study: Haiti
Book. xxvii, 586 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm. Metz, Helen Chapin, 1928- ,
Library of Congress. Federal Research Division.Washington, DC :
Federal Research Division, Library of Congress ; For sale by the Supt. of Docs. U.S. G.P.O., 2001.
Call Number: F1934 .D64 2001. Dominican Republic, Haiti “Research completed December 1999.”
Supercedes the 1991 ed. of Dominican Republic and Haiti : country studies, …
- Contributor: Metz, Helen Chapin – Library of Congress. Federal Research Division
- Date: 2001
View 626 Pages
DISASTERS: EARTHQUAKES :
- 1 Etymology
- 2 History
- 2.1 Pre-Columbian history
- 2.2 Spanish rule (1492–1625)
- 2.3 French rule (1625–1804)
- 2.4 Haitian Revolution (1791–1804)
- 2.5 First Empire (1804–1806)
- 2.6 State of Haiti, Kingdom of Haiti and the Republic (1806–1820)
- 2.7 Haitian unification (1821–1844)
- 2.8 Second Empire (1849–1859)
- 2.9 Early 20th century
- 2.10 Duvailier dynasty (1957–1986)
- 2.11 Contemporary history
- 3 Geography
- 4 Government and politics
- 5 Economy
- 6 Infrastructure
- 7 Demographics
- 8 Culture
- 9 Notable natives and residents
- 10 Education
- 11 Health
- 12 See also
- 13 Notes
- 14 References
- 15 Further reading
- 16 External links
To say that the U.N.’s peacekeeping mission in Haiti has been controversial
is an understatement.
The peacekeepers are blamed for bringing cholera to the island nation for the first time.
They were accused of sexually abusing locals. Haitians have accused them
of being an occupying army.
But the peacekeepers also have been credited with bringing a measure of stability
to one of the most impoverished, unstable nations in the hemisphere.
And now, after 13 years, the end of the mission is in sight.
DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS FOR HAITI
FROM GOOGLE DOMAIN LIMITED WEB SEARCH (NEWS)
FROM GOOGLE SCHOLAR
FROM GOOGLE VIDEOS
FROM GOOGLE DOMAIN LIMITED WEB SEARCH (VIDEOS)
FROM GOOGLE DOMAIN LIMITED WEB SEARCH (BLOGS)